By browsing or using our website you agree to this policy governing the use of the website. If you do not accept this policy then you must not use our website.
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To make it easy for you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
- To delete your data if it is no longer required.
How we use your information
Your name and contact details:
- To deliver your orders or required study materials.
- Send order or training updates by text, e-mail or by telephone.
- To print your diploma.
- Sending you information by e-mail or post about new products and services – we will only send you this with your consent.
- For fraud prevention.
- For customer service and product support.
- For training purposes.
Your date of birth information:
- For Rental and Finance applications and for fraud prevention.
Your payment information
- We do not store credit card details on our servers these are processed directly by the credit card processing company Wordpay and Barclays Merchant Services on their secure Smartpay payment system. Paypal will use tokenization, which means that the primary account number is replaced with a series of randomly generated numbers called the token. These tokens can then be passed through the Internet to process the payment without actual bank details being exposed.
Your contact history with us
- For customer service and support.
Purchase history and saved items
- What training did you have and what you have bought and what you have stored in your basket for another time.
- To remember your wish list.
- To provide customer service, support and to deal with complains or returns.
Information about the devices you use on our website
Information you give us when you browse our website, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Unique Contour as well as to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, rent or share your personal data to a third party – including your name, address, email address.
However, in order to fulfil your order or service we will share it with:
- Payment service providers and delivery companies.
- Companies that provide services selected by you.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, finance companies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies.
- Manufacturers when spare parts are sent to you or for warranty purposes.
- We may provide third parties with anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems and improving our website and to develop new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
We will only send you marketing messages if you consent for us to do so.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- Through your online account.
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
- By e-mailing to or by writing to Unique Contour 21A Leopold Street, B12 0UP, Birmingham
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that we will update our systems as quickly as we can but you may still get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop communications in regards to training, orders or customer related issues.
We also engage in online advertising, to keep you aware of what we are up to, To help you see and find our services and products.
Like many companies, we target Unique Contour banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Unique Contour or on Unique Contour banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone, or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Essential Cookies which enable you to order products and receive services from our website;
Performance Cookies which enable us to analyse the performance and design of our website and detect errors. For example, this type of cookie allows us to recognise that you have visited our website before and shows which sections of our website are most popular by allowing us to see which pages visitors access most frequently and how much time visitors spend on each page. We use, without limitation, Google Analytics, Adobe, and similar analytics cookies to achieve this.
For example, the information generated by the cookie about the use of the website will normally be stored on a Google server in the United States. However, if you are located within the EU or the European Economic Area, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand. In exceptional cases only, your full address will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may prevent web usage data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie from being transmitted to Google.
Functional Cookies which allow us to deliver a better user experience. For example, this type of cookie ensures that the information displayed on your next visit to our website will match up with your user preferences, or your Unique Contour account from which you linked to our website, or the fact that you linked to our website via an email sent to you by Unique Contour.
Advertising Cookies which enables us and our carefully selected partners to deliver advertisements to you, or contact you directly where you have separately consented to such communications, which match your interests by, for example, collecting information about training and products you have browsed or ordered on our website. For example, and without limitation, we use Google remarketing tags to allow our retail partners to advertise products which you have browsed on our website.
Our website may also display content from a third party website or service, which may result in cookies from third parties being stored on your hard drive or browser. We do not control the storage of these cookies and you should refer to the privacy policies of the relevant third party for more information.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings.
Beacons and/or Pixels
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons or pixels that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons and pixels can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon and pixels, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons and pixels for a variety of purposes, including to analyse the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
When you access and use our Services (except for websites provided by third party service providers), you will be asked to provide your separate consent to the storage of cookies (which includes other local storage technologies, beacons, pixels and other information on your devices) by us. You will also be asked to provide your separate consent to the access of such cookies (which includes local storage technologies, beacons, pixels and information) by us and by the third parties mentioned above. Your experience of our website/Services may be affected if you do not accept cookies, and further information will be provided to you at the time we ask you for this specific consent.
We will keep your information for as long as you have an account, or as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or for as long as it is necessary to provide product related services.
If required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, or enforce our terms and conditions.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our privacy statement
If significant changes are made to this statement than we will make that clear on our websites or by e-mailing you so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to receive marketing messages from us.
How to contact us
If you want to exercise your rights, make a complaint, or just have questions regarding the privacy statement then please contact us by e-mailing or by writing to us at: 21a Leopold Street, B12 0IP, Birmingham